Friday 3 January 2014

Christmas Cactus stencil print

I made a stencilled card for my Dad's birthday...

First I took a photo of a Christmas Cactus plant I have, then I printed the photo and traced the shapes of the leaves and flowers. I coloured in selected areas of the traced design:








Then I traced the areas that I would stencil in different colours, as separate layers, and cut them out of card with a craft knife:


Then I stencilled the design onto a blank card using a brush and acrylic paints:



I stencilled the 'soil' by cutting out that area and drawing in there with a black coloured pencil, as opposed to paint, to add some texture to the picture.

A Christmassy-New Year-Birthday print!

You can make a stencilled picture with your own design by following those steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment